Shalom Dear Applicant!
Thank you for your interest in our program. Please read carefully all the information below, including the requirements to successfully complete your registration process. One of our Program Advisors will contact you after receiving your application. In certain cases we may ask you for additional documents.
COVID note: Some of the Kibbutzim accept only vaccinated or recovered participants, although entering the country can be done without those requirements.
We recommend to complete the registration process, including payment, at least 4 weeks before the start date of your session.
- Personal Details Form (fill in online on the next page).
- Medical Form attached (PDF format) at the end of this page. Please download it, print it, and ask your physician to fill out the form in its entirety. Please send it back to your Program Advisor, signed and stamped by your physician. Please note: failure to disclose all known and relevant medical information before arrival may result in expulsion from the program without refund.
- Finalizing your application After application is accepted, we will send you the online Participation commitment form.
- Payment As soon as full payment is completed, your place in the program is secured.
You may be invited for a face-to-face or phone/Skype interview by one of our representatives. Also note that we have the right to reject applicants. Your personal Program Advisor will be available for any questions you may have throughout the registration process.
Acceptance will not be confirmed until all documents and payment have been received. When our office receives your application, we will make every effort to place you in a program of your preference.
Masa Israel Journey
PZC Hagshama is the organizer of the Kibbutz Ulpan Program, in cooperation with Masa Israel Journey, a project operated by the Israeli Government and the Jewish Agency for Israel. Masa provides financial support for eligible applicants, based on country of origin, age, program length, and personal or family financial situation. When you register for the program, simultaneously check your eligibility for a Masa grant or scholarship here. Processing of the Masa application may take up to 30 days. Applicants are then informed directly by Masa of the amount awarded to them. All grant/scholarship applications must be submitted before the start date of the program.
- Masa funding is awarded for full participation. Arriving later than the official start date, or leaving before the official end date will result in a reduction of the Masa funding. You will owe the Program Organizer (us) the amount that Masa has reduced.
- You will actually receive Masa funding only after uploading proof of entry date to Israel to the Masa Participants Portal. Without this proof, you will not get the grant/scholarship from Masa. (A blue ticket recived in the border control).
Once you receive your Masa grant and are accepted to the program, you have to contact the Israeli Consulate/Embassy in your country and ask for an A2 Masa student visa to Israel. It is the applicant's responsibility to check what documents need to be presented to issue the visa.
Holders of Israeli passports do not need any visa, just a letter of army deferral (IDF). Contact your nearest embassy/consulate for details.
After full completion of the program, Masa participants are eligible for a six-month work permit.
How much does the Kibbutz Ulpan program cost?
The price of the full regular 5-month program is US$ 6,500. The price includes: accommodation, all meals (or a budget for meals), Hebrew lessons, subsidized laundry, trips around Israel and medical insurance for the duration of the program.
*The Internship Option is more expensive.
If you receive a Masa grant/scholarship, you are required to pay the program price minus your grant/scholarship, with a minimum of US$ 2,000 (this is the scholarship deposit), in order to book a place in the program. So in any case you must make a first payment of at least US$ 2,000 – one month before the program start date. If your Masa scholarship is higher than US$ 2,000, we will refund the difference after full completion of the program. Please contact us one week before the end of the session in order to start the refund process.
If you do not receive a Masa grant/scholarship, you are required to pay the full price before the beginning of the program.
Flights & Arrivals
- Participants must buy their own flight tickets. They are not included.
- Participants must email their flight ticket to us before arrival.
- Transportation to/from the airport is the responsibility of the participant.
- Participants must be insured through us.
- The insurance is included in the program price.
- All participants are covered with medical insurance only while on the program. If you arrive in Israel before your program starts, we strongly recommend that you arrange medical insurance until the start date of the program.
- The insurance enables the participant to purchase medicines at a reduced price.
- If a participant needs a certain medicine on a regular basis (for chronic diseases), we recommend (s)he bring a sufficient supply for the entire period, or alternatively makes prior arrangements so that the medicine will be sent to him/her.
- Once the program is over or if the participant chooses (or is asked) to leave early, they will no longer be covered by the program medical insurance. It is the participant's responsibility to purchase adequate medical insurance from that time on.
- PZC Hagshama will not refund medical expenses beyond what the insurance covers.
- The participant will independently cover any additional costs which are not covered by the medical insurance.
- You can ask for the insurance policy from your program advisor.
Valuables: PZC Hagshama and the kibbutz are not responsible for any lost or stolen items and will not refund any of the above. We suggest you leave valuable belongings in the Ulpan safe, or avoid bringing them with you.
Cell Phones: PZC Hagshama does not endorse any provider of cell phone services. We recommend checking out the various deals by Israel Phones, Golan Telecom, Cellcom, Rami Levy, 012, Pelefon, etc. Purchase/hiring/use of any kind of phones/sim cards etc. are the participants' responsibility only.
We hope to hear from you soon!