Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Can I submit more than one entry? (Individual)
Yes, but only the latest entry will be considered.
2. Can I submit more than one entry? (School)
Yes, each school/Junior College may submit a maximum of three (3) entries.
3. Can I submit more than one languages (e.g. one entry under English and one entry under Chinese)?
No, this competition is in English.
4. Do I have to pay any submission fee?
No, there is no submission fee to submit your poem.
5. What are the submission requirements?
The submission is a spoken word piece of no more than 3 minutes in length, filmed and uploaded on Youtube with an UNLISTED link.
[Please note: Participants should not be reading from paper / cue cards. Glancing from time to time is acceptable.]
All film submissions are to be accompanied by the poem in written form. This can either be submitted as a separate .docx or .pdf document. There is no word count or line limit for the poem.
6. Do I have to subtitle my video?
No, you do not have to subtitle your video.
7. What is the judging criteria?
The judging rubric consists of: clarity and expression in performance, precision with language, originality, and showmanship.
8. When will I know if I am shortlisted?
We will inform the applicants by 20 July 2021.
9. Is there an age limit?
Yes, participants should be aged between 15-18 years old in the calendar year 2021.
10. Can foreigners participate?
The competition is only open to permanent residents and citizens of Singapore aged between 15 to 18 years old upon registration for the competition.
11. What are the prizes for winners?
To be announced.