In consideration of you, German European School, a company registered under the Companies Act (Cap.185) and having its registered office at 2 Dairy Farm Lane, hereinafter referred to as the “School”) negotiating with, approving of and imposing such terms and conditions and including such modifications and alterations as may be agreed between yourselves and the independent contractor known as KALTransport Pte Ltd (hereinafter referred to as the “Contractor”) which approval and/or appointment I do hereby acknowledge and approve on such terms as may be agreed between yourselves and the Contractor at all material terms in respect of the provision of a bus transport service for my child/children to be conveyed to and/or from School.
1. I understand that in consideration of the Contractor (and Bus Operators) providing a bus transport for my child/children in accordance with the conditions defined and agreed by the School, I will pay the Contractor for the bus transport service at the beginning of each Term at the prescribed rates and I will be bound by the conditions defined and agreed by the School.
2. I understand that my child/children is conveyed to and/or from School at my own risk and not at the risk of the School, who is acting in a liaison role between the Contractor and parents. I agree that the School shall not be liable or be responsible for any accident or personal injury sustained or suffered by my child/children or for my child’s death or for any damage or loss to my child’s personal belongings, however caused, whilst my child/children is/are being conveyed, or is waiting to be conveyed, to and/or from School. I hereby release the School from any and all claims, demands, damages, costs, actions or causes of action on account of or arising from any of the foregoing matters, including such action that may be taken by the School subsequent to any accident or incident in which personal injury has occurred.
3. In the event of any emergency, I do hereby authorize the School and/or the Contractor to arrange such medical attention for my child/children as may be reasonable and available in the circumstances and I undertake to pay all medical and hospital fees and incidental charges in respect of medical attention given to my child/children and to reimburse the School and/or the Contractor for any such fees and charges and all incidental costs and expenses which may have been paid by the School and/or the Contractor.
4. I further agree to indemnify the School against any and all claims, demands, damages, costs, actions or causes of action which my child/children, his/her next-of-kin, parent, guardian, personal representatives and/or dependents may bring, make or have against the School on account of any matters stated above.
5. Reference herein to the School shall include references to the School, its officers, and office bearers, employees, agents and other persons authorized by the School from time to time; but shall not include the Contractor and/or Bus Operators or their officers, employees, agents or other persons authorized to act on their behalf.
6. Nothing in the above document shall limit the rights of any child/children, next-of-kin, parent or guardian, personal representative and/or dependents from taking action against any third party (other than the School) the Contractor, Bus Operators or their officers, employees, agents or other persons authorized to act on their behalf.
1. Only fully-enrolled students of German European School registered with the Singapore Ministry of Education are permitted to ride on KAL Transport Pte Ltd school buses.
2. Only registered bus riders are permitted to ride on KALTransport Pte Ltd school buses.
3. Applications will only be processed when the Registration Form has been signed by a parent or guardian, acknowledging the Waiver and Indemnity Form, Student Bus Rules, Parent Information and Accounting Information. Please take note two weeks’ notice is required for processing of applications and allocation is depending on the availability of seats.
4. If a parent wishes to terminate the bus service written notification must be given to the Bus Office at least one month prior to the last day of service.
5. Preference will be given to students using the two-way service. Students who wish to use the one-way service will only be accommodated if there is room on the bus.
6. Students must wear seatbelts at all times while on the bus.
7. Students are not allowed to eat on the bus. Water is the only drink allowed.
8. Students are not allowed to bring dangerous and/or sharp objects such as pocket knives on to the bus. Pencils, pens, toys, etc., should be kept inside students’ bags at all times.
9. Animals are not allowed on the bus at any time.
10. Students must not change their clothes when on the bus.
11. Students are not allowed to save seats for friends travelling on the bus.
12. Students are expected to keep their hands and feet to themselves.
13. Students are expected to speak in a soft tone of voice and use acceptable language.
14. Students are expected to be courteous and respectful towards the driver, attendant and fellow Students. Rudeness to drivers and attendants will not be tolerated. The driver and/or attendant will report all matters of misbehaviour to the Bus Office. These reports will be passed on to the School for appropriate action. Repeated offense may result in the suspension of bus-riding privileges.
15. Students will only be dropped off at their designated drop-off point.
16. For condominium, the pickup and drop off will be outside the Condo, unless otherwise specified.
17. If a bus is unable to enter or exit a residential roadway, students will be given a designated pick-up and/or drop-off point which may result in students having to walk a short distance from their residence.
18. Younger students must have their name card/tag indicating their bus number, name and address visible when boarding the bus.
19. Younger students must only travel on their assigned bus. They are not permitted to cross-transfer under any circumstances.
20. Parents should communicate only with the Bus Office and not directly with the driver or attendant.
21. Parents are not permitted to ride on the bus.
1. Buses will wait only one minute after the designated pick-up time before moving on to the next pick-up point.
2. Bus service is not provided on any public holiday or weekend even if School is in session.
3. Students may be reassigned from one bus to another to accommodate bus service requirements.
4. Preschool to Grade 2 student’s parents must ensure that a responsible adult is at the assigned drop-off point to meet their child when the bus arrives. Students not met by a responsible adult will be taken back to the Bus Office at School to await collection.
5. Children taking their friends home for play-dates who normally travel on another bus, must notify the Bus Office in writing, 5 days prior to the play date. Parents should be aware that travel to play-dates is dependent upon availability of seats. There will be no playdate arrangement when CCA is not in session.
6. Please inform the Bus Office if your child will not be using the bus at any time for any reason. In the event, driver had been at the pickup point and the student is not there for 3 continuous days – driver will be told not to go till we received information about your child.
Payment terms and conditions
1. All fares are quoted in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
2. All fares quoted are subject to prevailing GST rates.
3. PAYMENT - All charges are in Singapore Dollars and are billed per semester; payable twice a school year.
4. TERMINATION - If a parent wishes to terminate the use of the bus service, written notification must be given to the Bus Office at least one month prior to the termination date.
5. REFUND - A Parent or Guardian is entitled to a refund of the balance of fare paid for the outstanding period based on the number of weeks remaining, provided that one month notice is given, except the following:
a. Refunds will not be made for students who are suspended from School.b. Refunds will not be made for grade 12 students in the second semester, when school ends early in preparation for examinations.c. There is a non-refundable miscellaneous fee of $80 included in the rates that will cover Insurance and Administrative Fees.d. There will be no refund of fees should the School decide to voluntarily or mandatorily close during the term time.e. Refunds will not be made when the option is given to use a taxi service, as applied in “6. REIMBURSEMENT”, below.
6. REIMBURSEMENT - **Parents are entitled to reimbursement of taxi fares when the bus is more than 15 minutes late. The claim of taxi service (equivalent of the bus fare paid per way per day.) must be attached with an official receipt from the taxi driver before any reimbursement is made. Parents wishing to make arrangement other than the taxi service permitted by the Bus Office will be reimbursed a taxi-fare equivalent of the bus fare paid per way per day.
**No reimbursement due to bad weather, accidents which caused traffic congestions, fallen trees etc.
The data collected in this form is for the purpose of registering for the school bus service. Data will not be shared with any other party beyond the School and KAL Transport Pte Ltd. Data will be stored securely by KAL Transport Pte Ltd and securely deleted at the end of the school year.