1. Ownership of Goods. As the customer (aka shipper) (“I,” “me” or “Shipper”) hiring Reliable Delivery, LLC (“Carrier”), I represent and warrant to Carrier that I am lawfully in possession of the property to be moved and have the authority to authorize the transportation and/or storage of that property as described in my agreement(s) with Carrier and I agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Carrier if Carrier is made a party to any litigation by reason of it having such property, or any portion of it transported and/or stored, and to pay all costs of court and attorneys’ fees incurred by Carrier in connection therewith. Carrier’s lien shall secure all such indemnification, costs and expenses in addition to Carrier’s transportation and/or storage charges.
2. General Waivers. I agree to hold harmless and defend Carrier and all of officer, directors, owners, agents, drivers and representatives from and against all damages, claims, losses, and expenses not occurring due to negligence on the Carrier’s part, while loading and unloading of my property. I also understand and agree it is not Carrier’s fault for any damage to boxes not packed by Carrier (e.g., packed by me) or by water or other damage due to hazardous weather as well as any electronics not boxed (Tv’s, Stereo equipment, Speakers, Monitors, CPU’s Etc.). Carrier can move appliances (washer/dryer/refrigerators) & gym and or workout equipment but does not disassemble/reassemble or hook them up. These items must fit through all doorways and hallways with no obstruction for the item to ship. Shipper must contact a 3rd party company to disassemble or reassemble these items(s). If there is not sufficient space required for safe placement available, the item(s) will be placed in the garage or drop-shipped. Reliable Delivery LLC does not offer insurance coverage or damage reimbursement for tight-fitting items or to any items NOT transported by us in our trucks. Labor Only Service customers must provide their own insurance through a 3rd party vendor.
3. General Policies. I understand that the move may be paid with cash or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover) only (Credit Card Rate is $10 more per hour of labor). I am aware that the move must be paid in full upon completion of the move. I authorize Carrier to charge the bill to the credit card they have on file, and I agree to pay all the costs associated with the collection of the balance due including attorney’s fees, interest at the rate of 18% APR, and all court costs as well as any other fees afforded by law. I understand that I shall be charged for labor in quarter-hour increments beyond the minimum hours. I understand that I shall be required to pay time-and-a-half for all time worked beyond 8 hours in one day and/or after 4pm. I understand that I shall be required to pay double-time for all work beyond 12 hours in one day.
4. I am, and Carrier is not, responsible for handling and transporting/moving (a) plants, flammable liquids, cat trees and other pet furniture; (b) items of extraordinary value (e.g., jewelry, money, furs, rugs, and vital documents such as passports or birth certificates); and (c) firearms or other weapons. Changes orders may apply if: everything other than furniture is not packed in boxes, sealed and ready for loading on moving day unless Carrier and I agreed Carrier would provide packing services; boxes are not to weigh more than 40 lbs or whatever the manufacture rating is listed on the carton. (boxes over that amount are not covered by insurance); all items must be removed from inside furniture; electronic equipment and small kitchen appliances MUST be boxed; UN BOXED TELEVISIONS or ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT ARE NOT COVERED BY INSURANCE REGARDLESS OF CLAIM. I customer did not notify Carrier, before Carrier gave me the cost estimate, of an elevator, multiple flights of stairs, tight stairways, unreserved elevators, more than 75 feet from the truck to the front door or the need to raise or lower furniture out a balcony; or I add items or request services not included in Carrier’s estimate I am responsible for the additional charges.
5. Local Move and Packing/Unpacking Policies. I understand Carrier has a 4-hour labor minimum per truck Monday–Saturday and a 6-hour labor minimum per truck Sunday if available. I understand Carrier may change this policy at any time without prior notice and I will still be held responsible for these minimums. Furthermore, I agree to pay packing and labor rates needed to complete the move as specified in my quote as well as any materials costs incurred. I agree to and understand billing is per day on local moves, thus at the end of each day I will pay my bill in full.
6. Cancellation Policy. Upon accepting the terms, rates, and policies of Carrier and by providing a credit card number, I secure a moving date and agree to the cancellation policies.
a. Long Distance Moves. The non-refundable deposit requirement for long distance moves (moves of more than 100 constructive miles, namely miles accounting for driving conditions) is 50% of the quoted “Not to Exceed Price” in the estimate given to you. The non-refundable deposit is due at the time of booking and at least 14 days prior to move date. Once the deposit is paid, if at any point the move is canceled, the deposit will not be refunded.
b. Local Moves. For moves that are 100 miles or less (“local moves”), I agree that all reservations canceled or rescheduled after completing and submitting the Agreement for Moving Services Form will be charged a $100 cancellation/rescheduling fee to the card listed on their agreement. All appointments canceled within 48 hours of the scheduled service time will be billed the labor minimum at the quoted labor rate set forth on their estimate to the card on file listed on their contract. No Exceptions.
c. Re-schedule. A $100 rescheduling fee is required for all customers requesting this service.
7. Long Distance Move Policies. I understand that Long Distance moves require a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the Not to Exceed Cost, as defined above, which is due at the time of booking and at least 14 days prior to my move date. I understand that this deposit is non-refundable and if for any reason I must cancel my move, this deposit will not be refunded.
8. Storage Policies. I understand that all storage payments are to be made in advance on the same date of each month by the credit card provided. A receipt will be provided to the email address stated once payment has been received. Rates will be prorated only when unit contents are being delivered within five (5) calendar days after the payment due date. I understand that I may not store hazardous, dangerous, illegal, stolen, perishable, environmentally harmful or explosive goods, firearms or weapons, biohazardous items, or drugs. I understand that my household goods are stored at my own risk. Reliable Delivery LLC is not liable for any loss or damage due to fire, theft, water, wind, hurricane or any cause whatsoever to the property, nor is Reliable Delivery LLC required to carry this insurance. I understand that I may obtain this insurance on my own. Storage units are only accessible by Reliable Delivery LLC. Myself or other entity are not allowed to access contents within storage. I understand that pick-up and delivery of items to and from the storage unit will incur regular delivery charges. I agree to notify Reliable Delivery 30 days in advance of my storage move out date. I agree to notify Reliable Delivery 30 days in advance if canceling prior to the set move out date. It is my responsibility to schedule a move-out date. I agree to the terms of the storage contract once completed and signed and understand that it is a binding legal obligation.
9. Claims. I will inspect the goods immediately after they are in my possession following the move and Carrier will understand they were delivered to me in the same condition as when Carrier picked them up unless I notify Carrier otherwise within 7 days of my re-taking such possession. To submit a claim for lost and/or damaged items, I understand that I must first pay Carrier my bill in full. I further understand that any claims must be filed in writing within nine months after the delivery of my shipment. I agree to pay for all postage involved in filing a claim. All claims mail will be remitted to Reliable Delivery, LLC, ATTN: Claims Department, 8655 Production Ave, Suite C, San Diego CA 92121. If I engage in any other form of communication I understand I will be responsible for any telephone connection, usage or postage fees associated with such communication. I understand furniture that is not empty of its contents, items packed in used boxes, non-moving grade boxes, pressboard furniture and boxes I pack are not covered by insurance. Items damaged before the move are not covered by insurance as indicated on your inventory report. I agree to, before Carrier leaves, check all cartons carrying china, glassware and other fragile items for damage, and to sign an inventory sheet and deliver receipt noting any lost or damaged items. Reliable Delivery LLC does not offer insurance coverage for damage to any items NOT transported by us in our trucks. Labor Only Service customers must provide their own insurance through a 3rd party vendor.
10. Hazardous Weather. Due to the hazards associated with bad weather (wind, rain, snow, flooding, excessive heat), Carrier will not perform work when it is unsafe to do so. I understand this may result in having to cancel or reschedule my moving day(s) with Carrier. Carrier will make a reasonable effort to anticipate such conditions and provide me with rescheduling options. However, Carrier is not liable for consequences of having to cancel Shipper’s move, even if Carrier cannot accommodate a reschedule date for Shipper. Carrier is not liable for damages resulting from hazardous weather unless appropriate and reasonable measures were not applied. If Carrier deems conditions safe to proceed, Carrier will apply reasonable measures to prevent damage to Shipper’s goods and property, such as covering items with pads and laying pads on entry ways, however, Carrier accepts no liability for damage to household goods, floors, carpets, etc., if such measures prove ineffective. The decision to proceed or reschedule during poor weather conditions rests solely with the Shipper.
11. CPUC. EXECUTION OF MY AGREEMENT WITH CARRIER DOES NOT EXEMPT CARRIER FROM COMPLIANCE WITH ANY PROVISION OF LAW OR PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION RULES OR REGULATIONS, EVEN THOUGH NOT EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THE AGREEMENT. All charges include a minimum of 3 hours per truck and 3 hours per mover for local moves Mon-Sat and 5,000 pounds for long distance moves. Local moves are calculated on the basis of loading and unloading time plus DOUBLE the driving time between point of pickup and delivery plus fuel. Long distance moves are calculated solely on the basis of the total actual weight as signified on the certified weight master’s certificate and the distance being traveled. Tariff applying to this shipment is PUC MAX 4.
a. No rates higher than the maximum fixed rates promulgated in the CPUC Maximum Rate Tariff 4 may be quoted or charged, unless an Estimate Cost of Services has been issued three days or more before the day of the move. The Not to Exceed price shall be no higher than the Estimated Cost of Services plus any Change Order of Services issued prior to signing this Agreement. The maximum charge shall be the quoted rates applied to: the number of hours, weight, or number of other units of measurement, but no higher than the Not To Exceed Price.
b. Copies of the CPUC Maximum Rate Tariff 4 are open for public inspection at their offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles and at Carrier’s office.
12. Limitation on Carrier Liability – Household Items. Carrier’s liability for loss or damage to household goods is limited by CPUC General Order No. 136-C, item 7 (a fully copy of which can be found at http://docs.cpuc.ca.gov/published/graphics/593.pdf.
13. General Lien for Carrier’s Charges. I agree and understand Carrier shall have a general lien upon any and all personal property now or hereafter delivered to, deposited with, Carrier by me or my agents or to which Carrier takes possession, with that lien covering all charges for transportation, storage, preservation of the property, and the performance of other services, as well as for all lawful claims for money advanced, interest, insurance, labor, weighing, coopering, wrapping and other charges in relation to such property or any part thereof; also for all charges and expenses for notice and advertisement of sale and for sale of the property where there has been a default in satisfying the Carrier’s lien; also for all costs incurred and allowed to be recovered as reasonable expenses under provision of the California Commercial Code or Civil Code if collecting such charges or enforcing Carrier’s lien, or Carrier defending itself if it is made a party to any litigation concerning the property. Upon a sale of the property pursuant to such lien, Carrier may retain out of the proceeds thereof an amount sufficient to pay all unpaid charges, plus interest thereon at the legal rate per month charged monthly, plus all costs incurred in possession and foreclosure, including attorneys’ fees.