1.Only those who are born before 1st January, 2003 are eligible to apply.
2.Applicants should be at least 16 years old as of January 1, 2019. The upper age limit is 35 years. If the applicant is under 18, a chaperone will be assigned.
3. If the applicant is over 35, registration is tentative until confirmed by the coordinators. After the registration is approved, a ward may be assigned for the duration of the pilgrimage. Approximate ratio of over-35s to under-18s is 1:10.
4. The Parish coordinators for ‘WYD 2019 Panama’ reserve the right to accept, reject or cancel an application after subsequent background checks.
1. Registration opened on September 2017 and announcements were made regularly in the church.
2. Last date for submission of applications is 2nd January, 2018.
1. I shall attend all scheduled meetings and events on time.
2. If I am unable to attend, I shall inform the WYD parish coordinators / respective team leaders by email and shall also follow up with a personal telephone call at least 2 days prior to the event.
3. I am aware that if I am absent for more than 3 times, for whatever reason, the WYD parish coordinators reserve the right to cancel the applicant’s registration without refund.
In the event of any mishap or accident, I understands and agree that neither I or my family /guardian will, in any way, hold responsible and blame the church & its authority, the priests / nuns and/or the organisers of the World Youth Day.
If a pilgrim withdraws her/his application, a request must be emailed to email@example.com with ‘withdrawal of application’ in the subject line. Reason/s for withdrawal must be mentioned. Refund will be made as per the Refund policy below.
1. A non-refundable payment of AED 100/- must be made as registration charges. This will be paid along with submitting copies of your documents and first instalment.
2. If the pilgrim withdraws the application after 1st June, 2018, there will not be any refund.
1. A UAE residence visa with a validity of at least 6 months (after return) is required. The passport presented at the Embassy with the visa application must also be valid with the same condition and must have at least two blank visa pages for the visa to be stamped on it. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the passport and UAE residence visa are updated before the organisers have to submit the documents to the Embassy (tentatively May - October 2018).
2. If, for any reason, the visa is rejected by the visa issuing authorities, the organisers may refund upto 20% of the submitted instalments; subject to availability of funds.
1. The tentative dates of travel are January 8th, 2019 to January 29th, 2019 (+/- 2 days).
2. Date of travel depends on the final itinerary and the availability of airline tickets.
3. The above dates are only tentative. The final itinerary will be announced closer to the departure date.
Incase of Emergence Please contact.
Country of Passport
As a pilgrim my conduct will ALWAYS be characterised by common sense, honesty, politeness, gratitude and cooperation. I am mindful that I am an ambassador for my family, my parish and the Vicariate Apostolic of Southern Arabia. I will:
1) Respectfully observe laws of PANAMA & other countries, if any, paying particular attention to cultural, social & religious sensitivities;
2) Always show respect for the practices, customs and property of others; especially at the host parish and if any, host family.
3) Actively engage in all activities entailed in the World Youth Day pilgrimage including Mission Week.
4) Participate in all briefing, sharing, debriefing sessions that are established as part of the experience.
5) Avoid any behaviour or activity which is in any way risk-taking or may compromise my health & safety or the health, safety and comfort of my WYD group, other WYD pilgrims and all others.
6) Avoid any behaviour that risks the dignity of myself as well as others, including public acts of intimacy and affection that would be frowned upon.
7) If I am in a relationship, I acknowledge that at WYD 2019 PANAMA, I am there to strengthen my relationship with Jesus Christ, and will practise chastity & purity with my partner
8) Endeavour to ensure that I am punctual and show responsibility to meeting scheduled times.
9) Report all incidents and accidents that I may be involved in, to my Group Leader, including any situation which I may be involved in that makes me feel uncomfortable.
10) Not engage in outings either by myself or with others without the permission of my Group Leader.
11) I will be well mannered and disciplined at all times especially during the days at WYD 2019 Panama at the Host Parish and the Host family. I will take extra care not to put the Host parish and Host family in any sort of inconvenience and will adhere to their rules, regulations and timings.
12) Adhere to all advice provided to me prior to and during World Youth Day which addresses cultural, health and security issues. This includes:
a) Personally packing, securing and having knowledge of my luggage.
b) Not using or being in possession of illicit drugs, banned or prohibited substances and items deemed dangerous e.g. knives etc. banned by airlines and all visiting countries.b) Not using or being in possession of illicit drugs, banned or prohibited substances and items deemed dangerous e.g. knives etc. banned by airlines and all visiting countries.
c) Not sharing any medications that I take with me or purchase, with any other person.
d) Not sharing any object (razors, toothbrushes, other personal hygiene items and grooming aids) that may have contact with blood or other bodily substances.
e) Accepting that I am carrying expensive items such as cameras, phones, credit cards, cash, jewellery etc. at my own risk and being aware of the possibility of them being stolen or damaged, I will not hold the WYD organisers or parish responsible should such a situation arise.
f) Not participating in any demonstration, protest or riot taking place in any country and stay away from it.
g) Pay for my personal purchases and expenses, and be responsible for my personal belongings.
13) I understand that my behaviour must be of the highest standard and consistent with the expectations, values and beliefs of His Excellency Bishop Paul Hinder, Vicar General Rev. Troy de los Santos and my Parish Priests, AVOSA YAM Directors and parish youth director.
14) I also understand and accept the authority of the organisers of the pilgrimage, my Group Leader and Team Leader.
15) I acknowledge that if my behaviour is in any way not acceptable and if there is a serious breach of the stated expectations, I may face dismissal from the pilgrimage and be returned to the UAE at my / my family’s expense. Furthermore there may be consequential action determined upon my return to the UAE.
16) IF YOU ARE UNDER 18: I will not consume or be in possession of any alcohol/tobacco or products containing alcohol/tobacco and if violated, it will be considered a serious breach of this undertaking and I may face dismissal from the rest of the pilgrimage and be returned to the UAE at my / my family’s expense. Furthermore, there may be consequential action determined upon my return to the UAE.
17) IF YOU ARE 18 AND OLDER: If I do consume or buy alcohol/tobacco/products containing either, it will be at my own expense and risk. I will not give alcohol/tobacco or products containing alcohol/tobacco to minors or non-drinkers/non-smokers nor share any of the above with them. Any inappropriate behaviour on consumption of the above will be considered a serious breach of this undertaking and will result in my dismissal from the rest of the pilgrimage and I may be returned to the UAE at my / my family’s expenses. Furthermore there may be consequential action determined upon my return to the UAE.