George Town Festival turns 9!
Over the last eight years, we have hosted critically-acclaimed productions from diverse companies such as:
• 6 & 8 by TAO Dance Theater (China)
• Hakanai by Adrien M. & Claire B. (France)
• A Simple Space by Gravity & Other Myths (Australia)
• Kaash by Akram Khan Company (UK)
and mind-boggling plays:
• Broken Nails: A Marlene Dietrich Dialogue by Anna Skubik
• All That Fall by Pan Pan Theatre
• The Manganiyar Classroom by Roysten Abel
as well as our sold-out commissioned plays and countless local collaborations!
The festival has also brought in fascinating installations including the kinetic musical towers known as Chorus by Ray Lee and Theo Jansen's beach creatures Strandbeests.
In short, everything goes, and nothing is not considered (unless you cost us USD 3,000,000, or you strip to full nude in your proposal).
If you think your project / idea / show is:
QUIRKY | INSPIRING | INTRIGUING | RELEVANT
please fill in the following form for George Town Festival 2018, tentatively happening in August 2018. We promise that it won't take more than 10 minutes. Hardly enough time to finish a cup of tea, but your proposal may be OUR cup of tea.
Check out our website and link below to get an idea of who we are (or just fill in the form, come to George Town and see for yourself!).
GEORGE TOWN FESTIVAL OVERVIEW TRAILER: