With nearly five decades of construction experience, First Balfour continues to take part in nation-building by delivering world-class engineering and construction services for a wide range of facilities like power and energy, water infrastructure, transport infrastructure, and high-value buildings. It is accredited as a Quadruple A contractor by the Philippine Contractors Accreditation Board and is one of the few companies that consistently maintain a triple-certification under the standard ISO 9001:2015 for quality, ISO 14001:2004 for environment, and OHSAS 18001:2007 for safety and occupational health. While maintaining its commitment to safety and quality, the company has also diversified its business to include distinct capabilities in concrete, equipment rentals, and geothermal drilling.
Personal data refers to all types of personal information, which, in turn, refers to “any information, whether recorded in a material from or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual”, sensitive personal information and privileged information.
Why do we collect your personal information?
To enable us to consider your potential applications for employment by the company and be able to perform recruitment processes, it is important that First Balfour, Inc. collects, uses, processes, stores and retains your personal data when it is reasonable and necessary.
In particular, we are retaining your information:
- To consider and evaluate your suitability for employment through screening and background investigation;
- To communicate with you about your employment application; and
- With your permission, to inform and consider you for future job opportunities that may be of interest to you.
What type of information we collected?
When you elected to apply for a job opening with First Balfour, Inc., you were required to provide certain personal and sensitive personal Information in order to complete your application for employment.
The types of personal information that you are required to provide in connection with your application for employment may vary depending on the particular position for which you have submitted an application. You were also required to provide us a copy of your resume/curriculum vitae.
The following had been collected from you during your application which contains personal and/or sensitive personal information:
- Basic personal information such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, and other personal contact details;
- Sensitive personal information such as marital status, age, religion, nationality, gender, dependents, health information, education, employment history, and information issued by government agencies peculiar to licenses, tax returns; and
- Biometric information such as full face photographs and any comparable images
Please note that you are responsible for ensuring that all such personal information you submit is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
How we collected, acquired or generated your information?
We collect your data:
- when you fill-up our forms;
- when you submit to us your resume and other employment requirements;
- when you disclose your personal information through phone calls, emails, SMS or verbal communication with First Balfour, Inc. personnel; and
- through third parties, such as:
- Job-search platforms
- Universities and professional organizations
- Accredited hospitals or clinics
- Agencies and contractors
- Other affiliated companies under Lopez Holdings, Inc.
- Who we share your information with?
As a general rule, we are not allowed to share your data to third party except in limited circumstances as noted below.
You authorize the company to disclose your information to accredited/affiliated third parties or independent/non-affiliated third parties, whether local or foreign in the following circumstances:
- As necessary for the proper execution of processes related to the declared purpose;
- The use or disclosure is reasonably necessary, required or authorized by or under law
This means we might provide information to the following:
- Our partner companies, organizations, or agencies including their sub-contractors or prospective business partners that act as our service providers and contractors, consistent to the purposes discussed above;
- To the affiliated companies of within Lopez Holdings, Inc. who requested specific profile suitable for their hiring requirement;
- Law enforcement and government agencies;
How we protect your information?
- We keep and protect your personal data using secured servers behind a firewall, deploying encryption on computing devices and physical security;
- We restrict access to your personal data only to qualified and authorized personnel who hold your personal data with strict confidentiality.
Where and how long do we keep your data?
The personal data will be kept in our facilities located in the Philippines after two (2) years upon receipt of resumes, unless you request your personal data to be deleted in our systems, databases and hardcopies immediately. Once deleted, your personal data will no longer be searchable or included in anonymous searches and will be completely removed from all the storage location.
How you can access and erase information we have about you?
Our contact details are as follows:
Data Protection Officer: Melandro Dizon
Address: KM 19, Brgy. Marcelo Green, Sucat, Paranaque City
Contact Details: (02) 791 4066
You may also lodge a complaint before the National Privacy Commission (NPC). For further details, please refer to NPC’s website: https://privacy.gov.ph/mechanics-for-complaints/.
Our decisions to provide such access or consider any request for correction, erasure and objection to process your personal data as it appears in our records are always subject to any exceptions under applicable and relevant laws and/or the DPA, its IRR and other issuances of NPC.