UNICEF in collaboration with the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan has established two Drone testing corridors in Kazakhstan.
The corridors are established in two different regions of the country (North and South).
The Northern corridor is in the Akmola province, approximate length – 100 km and width – 50 km, maximum vertical elevation – 5000 m.
The Southern corridor is in the Almaty province, maximum vertical elevation – 3000 m.
The Drone testing corridors will run for 1-2 years and interested parties may apply on a rolling basis.
This form serves to collect information required for the Expression of Interest to participate in the Drone testing corridors activities. Please ensure that all the fields are filled. All submissions must be made in English.
Please note, that the participation in drone testing in Kazakhstan must be entirely self-funded.
Steps of application:
Checklist to ensure that your company and project meet all the eligibility requirements listed below:
- Your proposed project has the potential to positively impact the lives of the most vulnerable children.
- Your company assumes all costs involved in the testing and training.
- The company does not engage in military-related activities.
- The company is ready to share its real-time data with UNICEF and its partners on the project.
- The company is ready to conduct training workshops with Kazakhstani technical personnel.
- The proposed project has user centered design and path toward open-sourcing data.
Complete the template below.
Submit your expression of interest by completing this form.
Selection process: Applications will be reviewed every two weeks.
First tests are foreseen to start in February 2019.