Doggie Daycare is such a unique environment that many dogs have yet to experience it. Because dogs are allowed to interact with others in the playgroups it is important to closely screen the dogs before they are allowed to play. It is also important that the staff build a relationship with each dog, ensuring they make the best fun and safe groups possible. Therefore, before attending daycare or boarding all dogs must first go through our Playgroup Compatibility Evaluation.
- All male dogs over 7 months must be neutered, no exceptions.
- Female dogs will not be allowed to stay if in heat or recently out of heat.
- Dogs may not be aggressive with either people or other dogs and may not be overly possessive of toys.
- Evaluations are done by appointment only Mondays - Thursdays.
- Reservations for daycare cannot be made until the Evaluation has been completed and passed.
- Rabies, DHPP, Lepto, Flu and Bordetella must all be up-to-date. All vaccinations must be administered by a licensed veterinarian, no handwritten records will be accepted.
- Puppies are only allowed if they have had at least 2 series of puppy shots and bordetella.
What you can expect on Evaluation Day:
- Call your veterinarian and check that your dog is up-to-date on Rabies, DHPP, Lepto, Flu and Bordetella. You can have them email us the records if convenient. Personal hand-written records are not accepted and records must be obtained before the Evaluation can be administered.
- You will need to complete the appropriate enrollment forms. Call The Pet Resort @ Stone Ridge or email us at www.PetResortConroe.com to schedule your dog's evaluation. Evaluations are done Mondays - Thursdays.
- When you arrive at The Pet Resort for your dog's evaluation, you should plan to remain with your dog for at least 30 minutes. All dogs should be under your control on a leash while on the premises. At this point we will review both your dog's vet records and enrollment application. Incomplete records will prevent your dog from being able to stay, so be sure to have all appropriate records upon arriving or call to check that we have received the records if faxed from your vet.
- While you are present we will conduct a Pre-Evaluation. This ensures us that your dog will be comfortable with us handling them after you are gone.
- At this point you will leave your dog with us.
- We now take your dog to the outside play area. We will assess his/her behavior and determine which group he/she will be more suited for. Once group decision is made we will begin to introduce dogs to the your dog one at a time. We are watching for any signs of overly dominant behavior or aggressiveness. If the your dog behaves appropriately, we will continue to bring out one dog at a time until the whole group has been introduced.
- New dogs need to stay at The Pet Resort @ Stone Ridge for a minimum of four hours for their Evaluation. If they are doing well they may stay for the entire play day and not have to be picked-up until 6:00pm.
- When you pick your dog up we will provide you with an Evaluation Review Sheet indicating your dog's behavior throughout the day. The cost for the Evaluation is $25 and is paid at this time.
- Congratulations! At this point your dog will be officially accepted into Doggy Daycare at The Pet Resort @ Stone Ridge. As long as all vet records are kept current, you are now invited to call/email and schedule reservations whenever needed.
Accidents & Injuries: While our fully trained staff will do everything possible to avoid any problems, life doesn’t always work out the way we plan and accidents and injuries can and sometimes happen. Dogs in Daycare interact with each other, some dogs are more active or energetic in their play than others. Dogs play with their mouths, they bite and chew on each other playfully. Occasionally some dogs can get carried away with their play. Because of the way dogs interact and play with each other there is always a risk of injury or a fight. Accidents can happen even in a closely supervised situation. Minor cuts, bites, scrapes and teeth marks, tooth loss, injured legs, tendons, joints etc. can occur.
We take every precaution to make daycare as safe and fun as possible. There is always a risk of injury, a fight and or escape even in the most supervised situation. By leaving my dog at The Pet Resort @ Stone Ridge, Conroe, I understand the risks and will assume all responsibility for my pet.
Fleas and Heartworm: It is up to you as a responsible pet owner to make sure your dog is protected, here at The Pet Resort we require all dogs visiting to be on heartworm preventative and a flea/tick control program. When the staff notices fleas or ticks on a pet, the pet will be given a medication and the owner is responsible for the cost.
Well Pet Requirements: If your dog is ill leave him/her home. All dogs are required to be healthy at the time of check in. If your dog becomes ill you will be notified and are required to make arrangements for immediate pickup. Although sick or unvaccinated pets are not permitted to attend Doggy Daycare, the client acknowledges that they are placing the pet into an area in which communicable diseases may pass between seemingly healthy pets. If following a provided service date the pet shows signs of illness, the client may not hold The Pet Resort @ Stone Ridge liable for any inadvertent exposure the pet may have contracted, and that if the client requests an exam, treatment, or medications for the pet that it will be provided at Stone Ridge Veterinary Medical Center at full cost to the client.
Dogs must not have any conditions that can be aggravated by active play or have any potentially contagious disease symptoms such as cough, cold, nasal discharge, etc.
The Doggie Daycare Department hours are 7am-6pm Monday-Friday, closed Saturday/Sunday. Should a pet be dropped off or picked up before 7am or after 6pm, a Convenience Fee of $25.00 for the early/late arrival/departure shall be assessed to the account. By signing below, I understand and agree to the terms stated above, and I release The Pet Resort @ Stone Ridge as well as the owners of other dogs attending Doggie Daycare from any and all liability.