We are proud of Hong Kong’s rich marine biodiversity. Yet are we aware of how much we have lost from the rapid development and economic growth over the years? It is important for us to document the changes that have happened in the past to enable us to decide on the future of our seas by engaging local experts and for communities to conserve and revitalise our marine habitats.
Through our campaign “Tales of the Ocean” we hope to collect stories from people who have witnessed the changes that have occurred in our oceans over the years and arouse public understanding of the issues facing our oceans. By examining the problem from different angles, we raise awareness of marine conservation and spur people to act on the sustainable use of resources and restore our ocean.
If you have close ties to the ocean, we invite you to tell us your ocean experience and share your views on marine conservation. We will collect all your stories and share them through various channels including Facebook, our WWF website and at exhibitions.
We are keen to find out:
- What is your story about your connection with the ocean?
- What changes have you seen with the ocean over the years?
- Can you share any related photos or videos with us?
- How have these changes affected you?
- How do you think the public can help to protect the ocean?
* Souvenirs will be given for selected entries