- It is our policy that documented veterinarian administered vaccines are given 10 days prior to admission for all of our pet guests that are checking-in for boarding and grooming services.
- For Cats, we require Feline Distemper (FVRCP) and Rabies vaccine per the American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) guidelines.
- For Dogs we require Distemper/Parvovirus (DAPP), Bordetella (kennel cough) and Rabies Vaccination, per the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) guidelines.
- Prescott Animal Hospital reserves the right to refuse un-vaccinated animals to our boarding facility due to the risk of disease transfer to our other pet guests and our staff.
Flea and tick preventative
- Also for your pet's protection, Prescott Animal Hospital requires a current flea and tick treatment for all of our pet guests (such as Bravecto or Credelio). We also recommend year-round parasite prevention from a preventative such as Interceptor. This will protect your pet against fleas, ticks, intestinal parasites and Heartworm all year long. If during your pet's stay, he or she is found to have fleas or parasites, a treatment will be administered at your expense.
- Any medications, nursing care or special exercise requests will incur additional fees. Please make sure that prescribed medications are in a container and that instructions are clearly noted on the prescription label. Please do not mix medications in with your pet's food.
Daily exercise, diet and bedding
- All of our canine pet guests will be walked three times a day unless requested otherwise by you.
- Our pets often do best on the food they eat at home. However, Royal Canin Canine GI Low Fat or Royal Canin Feline Intestinal High Energy dry and canned will be provided by Prescott Animal Hospital. Any requested diet other than these must be supplied by the owner. Your pet will be fed per your instructions.
- Clean bedding will be provided daily with Prescott Animal Hospital. We ask that collars, leashes and carriers be taken home with you after check-in. Our Pet Care Attendants are able to provide anything your pet may need during his or her stay with us.
- To reduce stress and anxiety during your pet's visit, we play soothing music designed to reduce pet anxiety. We also diffuse stressreducing pheromones into the environment which helps to calm your pet. If you have further questions regarding our efforts to reduce stress for our patients and pet guests, feel free to ask one of our team members.
- There will be a fee for any exam, vaccinations or other services required. All pertinent medical treatment and findings will be documented in your pet's medical records and discussed with you upon discharge from Prescott Animal Hospital.
- As a courtesy, all canine pet guests staying with us for longer than 4 days will be given a bath 24 hours prior to the scheduled pick up time. If you prefer that your pet is not bathed, please let us know during your check-in visit.
- We reserve the right to refuse boarding to difficult or aggressive animals.
I understand that Prescott Animal Hospital does NOT recommend boarding pets in the same kennel due to the potential for harm to my pet, for example: broken legs, torn nails and bite wounds. I understand the potential for harm and agree to take full financial responsibility, as well as authorize the treatment deemed necessary by the attending doctor if such circumstance should arise. I understand that Prescott Animal Hospital does NOT recommend pets wear a harness due to the potential for harm to my pet from strangulation or wounds. I understand the potential for harm and agree to take full financial responsibility, as well as authorize for the treatment deemed necessary by the attending doctor if such circumstance should arise. I also understand that this is a one time form only. I have been offered a copy and agree to the above policy.