ALL OUR FEES MUST BE PAID BEFORE THE VISITATION, CHANGEOVER OR OTHER SERVICES
I, person financially responsible for this service, agree to the following:
· I will pay the invoiced fees into Children in Focus bank account at least 2 working days prior to each contact visit or service. If I have not received the invoice I will deposit an approximate amount for the upcoming visit with my surname and date of the visit I'm paying for to ensure the visit will proceed. I will notify Children in Focus that I have not received an invoice for the upcoming visit.
· Proof of payment must be emailed or texted to Children in Focus email@example.com or 0477993030.
I understand that failure to make the payment in advance will result in my visit being canceled or postponed.
· I will incur a late cancellation fee if Children in Focus is NOT notified of cancellation earlier than 48 hours before the booked visit.
· I agree that I remain responsible for payment in full if a contact visit is terminated due to a conduct breach on my part during the visit or the other parent. I understand that I am financially responsible if a cancellation is made by either party and any disputes will be discussed with the other party via legal representation or appropriate channels of communication.
· I will incur an Administration Fee (refer to price list) at Children in Focus discretion if the work undertaken on behalf of my family falls outside the standard scheduling and administration obligations for arranging and facilitating contact supervision.
· I understand that Children in Focus Supervisor will encourage and motivate a child/ren to participate in a visit. Children in Focus Supervisors are not permitted to use force or undue coercion to cause a child/ren to attend or participate in a contact visit. I agree that I remain responsible for payment in full in the event of a contact visit not proceeding due to termination, a child/ren not willing to attend, or in other instances such as illness.
· I am aware that Children in Focus will cease all contact supervision services, and undertake debt recovery (legal) action in Parramatta Local Court against me if I fail to pay my accounts within six (6) weeks after they become due.
By signing this application form you agree that all the information provided by you is true and correct to the best of your knowledge. You also agree that you have received, read, understood and signed Children in FOCUS’s Service Agreement and agree to be bound by it.
! Children in FOCUS is not able to negotiate between the parties. Therefore all the negotiations must be done by the parties themselves or via their legal representatives.
1. I agree to indemnify and release Children in FOCUS and it’s employees/contractors from any liability, including negligence, arising directly or indirectly out of my participation in services provided by Children In FOCUS.
2. I understand and acknowledge that this indemnity covers, but is not limited to, any liability arising out of or as a consequence, direct or indirect, of any harm, damage, loss, injury or death sustained by myself, my child or children or any attendees as a result of participation in activities or presence at a premises utilised by Children in FOCUS for the purpose of contact supervision, changeover and/or transport services.
Children in FocusBSB: 302 184 Acc: 0123 351
We require both parents/carers to enter into this Agreement with Children in FOCUS (CIF) and complete and sign the Application Form. We cannot provide services to families if one of the parties fails to sign and return the agreement to us. We can discuss any part of this agreement with you if you wish.
I agree that location, venue, time and date of the visit, the activities, dietary requirements, sunscreen application, other people attending the visit and all other things is responsibility of both parents to discuss and agree upon prior to signing this agreement. Children in FOCUS must be advised of it in writing as it is not our responsibility to negotiate between the parties. We are here to provide impartial supervision and make factual notes. If we do not have any of the above in writingCIF will do as we see appropriate.
I agree that Children in FOCUS can not be responsible for administration of the medicine. All the medication administration arrangements must be made between the parents before contact occurs and needs to be in writing form either parent to Children in Focus.
I agree that Children in FOCUS may amend this Agreement at any time. Such changes can be policy and operation updates or as required by law. If we make significant changes which may impact on you we will notify you in writing and provide the copy of the updated version of the Agreement. Any changes to the Agreement will be effective seven days after the copy has been provided to you.
Our responsibilities to you
We will:1. Stay neutral and impartial at all times.2. We will do our best to arrive on time (please be understanding if we are late due to traffic or other unforeseen circumstances).3. Ensure your child/ren safely interacts with the other parent.4. Constantly monitor conversations and observe all interactions between the children, parents and others by always being in the close proximity to the child and parent and making comprehensive notes.5. Accompany parents and children everywhere during the visit, including to bathrooms and change rooms. We will intervene immediately in the event of inappropriate/unsafe conduct and terminate the contact visit and return the children to their carer/parent if necessary.6. Provide feedback to the primary carer if specifically asked and it is appropriate and relevant to the child’s care and not invade confidentiality of the other parent.7. Assist & Guide parents with the care of children when they are failing to respond to the child/ ren’s needs and safety.8. Support parents and children to facilitate a positive and safe interaction.9. Provide qualified supervisors who have working with children check and police clearance.
10. Do our best to provide the same supervisor for consistency however life is unpredictable and people get sick, go on leave, have emergencies or move on, in such circumstances any available supervisor will be allocated to supervise the visit. You must understand and accept the allocated supervisor.11. Prepare comprehensive report about the supervised visit including time, date, who attended, what activities took place, conversations, interactions, behaviour displayed by children and discipline techniques implemented. Such reports can be used in Court. They are compulsory and each parent must pay for the report. The estimated delivery time of each report is 7 working days from the date of the visit. Reports are emailed to you and your lawyers. CIF reserve the right not to release the reports to the parents but can release it directly to the court or an Independent Children’s Lawyer.12. If an urgent report is required it can be requested in writing for urgent delivery within 2 days for an additional fee of $50. Reports are final and will not be amended. If you wish to dispute the accuracy of the report, an administrative dispute fee of $150 must be paid for management to look into the matter. All information provided to us by either party is confidential and will not be disclosed unless both parties provide us with written permission to realise the information.13. We provide contact visits and changeovers at a location that suits both parents and can also recommend an age appropriate, safe & practical venue at the time of booking. To ensure that each visit is safe and meets each child’s needs we require 1 supervisor per 3 children ratio. Additional supervisor will need to be booked and paid for if you have more that 3 children. Children under 12 month require their own supervisor.14. If the time and date the parents agreed on or the time and date are set in the court orders is not available, CIF will nominate the time and location of the visit according to our availability and parents must make themselves and children available to attend the visit.15. From time to time CIF staff will take photos during the visit for marketing purposes to show other clients where we hold our visits. The faces of the children and parents will be blurred out before being posted on social media.
Our Expectations of Parents
I understand and I will:16. Take all the necessary steps to facilitate smooth occurrence of the supervised contact for the other party. I will positively encourage my child/ren to attend the visit and engage with the supervised parent.17. Pay invoices in a timely manner. Administrative fees such as excessive calls, emails, text messages, booking changes, invoice reminders anything that falls outside the usual scheduling process will be charged to the person initiating it at the hourly rate in our price list.18. Treat the other parent with respect and be reasonable and flexible.
19. Be on time and be polite and respectful with CIF staff and others involved in the contact.20. Be prepared for visits: bring healthy food/snacks and drinks for your child/ren and be mindful of any allergies of your and other children.21. Bring toys, books, colouring books and games to play with your child. Be mindful what toys I bring to avoid disappointment as I understand my child/ren most likely will want to take the toys with them to the other parent’s house.22. Ensure I have sufficient funds to pay for myself, my child/ren and the supervisor to enter venues, movies, theme parks, play centres etc.23. Do not bring third parties to visits unless prior consent is obtained from us and the other parent and we have been notified in writing of the names and copies of IDs of the people attending and we have agreed to that. We reserve the right to allow additional visitor/s if we see appropriate in the circumstances.24. Follow directions of your supervisor and do not engage in lengthy conversations with your supervisor in the presence of children and do not discuss your family law proceedings with the supervisor.25. Apply sunscreen on my child/ren and provide them with a hat.26. Advise the supervisor/CIF of the contact locations and activities for the upcoming visit via email or text 48 hours prior to the visit. All activities are subject to our approval. High-risk activities such as horse riding, quad bike riding, motorbike riding, skateboarding, open water swimming are not allowed during the visit. Bike riding/scooter riding/Bathing/Showering/swimming at the pool activities must be agreed with the residential parent in writing and approved by CIF a least two days before such activity takes place. It is the parents' responsibility to make sure their children are safe while participating in the activities during the visit and provide protective gear for the children.27. I will make my child available for child reviews interviews when required by CIF. If such a review is scheduled we have a friendly chat with the child independently to see how they are going with supervision.28. I will not approach or follow the other parent at the changeover. I will stay 50+ meters away at the changeover.29. Residential parent must leave the location of the visit straight after the changeover took place and be more then 200 meters away and out of sight of the child and supervised parent.
Termination of Visit
30. At Children in Focus, the children’s safety and well-being are paramount. We will immediately terminate the supervised visit, if in our view, it becomes too stressful or traumatic for the child. Such situations include but not limited:31. Discussing Court proceedings with the child or in the presence of the child.32. Speaking negatively about the other parent, your child/ren, our staff or other family members in the presence of the child/ren.33. Verbally or physically abusing child, supervisor or others.34. Acting aggressively or abusively towards supervisor or others and failing to comply with directions of the supervisor.35. Threatening your child/ren with physical discipline.36. Ignoring supervisors' directions.37. Smoke or consume alcohol in the presence of your child/ren.
38. We will not commence the contact visit if any of the family members are deemed to be under theinfluence of alcohol or drugs.39. Our supervisors have the discretion to end or continue the visit as they see appropriate in the circumstances and in the best interest of the child.40. If you wish to cancel or reschedule a booked supervised visit, for any reason (work, sick etc), you must give us at least 48 hours notice prior to the visits to avoid the late cancelation fee of two hours relevant to the day of contact.41. If our supervisor turns up to the visit and one of the parties does not bring the child or the visit is not going ahead other then by our fault we will deduct the no-show fee for the full duration of the visit booked.42. The parent who cancels the visit, does not turn up or does not bring the child to the visit and does not give us notice as described above is responsible for the payment of our fees for that visit.43. Medical Certificates must be provided to us and the lawyer of the other parent if cancelation is due to a medical reason. Please note even if you have a Medical Certificate the cancelation fee still will be charged if notice given less that 48 hours prior to the visit. 44. Repeated cancellation of visits or breaches of this agreement, unpaid invoices for our services, not bringing children to the scheduled visits/ as per court orders may lead to termination of our services. The other parent, solicitors, ICL and the court will be informed of the reasons for our decision.
Terminating this AgreementChildren in FOCUS may terminate this Agreement at anytime without notice if:45. There is a repeated failure to pay our fees.46. One of the party being obnoxious and abusive towards the staff.47. There are repeated breaches of the Terms of this Agreement.48. We are unable to meet the specific needs of your child/ren or your family.49. We are concerned that visits are not in the best interest of your child/ren.50. You may terminate this Agreement by giving Children in FOCUS 48 hours notice in writing.
Enquiries51. In Children in FOCUS we are committed to making your experience with our services as pleasant as possible. If you have any questions please direct all your enquiries in writing to the management or call us during business hours. Do not discuss any issues with the supervisor during the visitation hours. Our management team will deal with any concerns raised in a respectful and efficient matter. Please be respectful to our staff as we are here to help you.
52. Please sign the Application Form and Service Agreement and send it back to us as soon as possible so we can make an assessment whether we can be of the assistance to you and your child/ren. We will notify you of our decision by phone or in writing within 48 hours. If we can provide the service we will schedule over the phone intake interview with each parent separately.
53. Please ensure you have an agreement with the other parent on the location/venue and dates of the visits as we can not negotiate that for you. You will be directed to reach an agreement before we can commence the visitation.